AdventHealth Ct Tech II in Burleson, Texas
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
- Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile X-ray equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, culminates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels radiographs correctly.
- Utilizes lead-blockers, aprons, gloves and cones during exposures as evidenced by films and noted by supervisor.
- Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, i.e., intravenous, oral, rectal, etc.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibilities in darkroom, office, distribution and filing of X-ray reports as required by work demand.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department.
- Properly performs scans in accordance with set procedure guidelines to aid in the patient's diagnosis at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Performs scans in timely manner, display required views, satisfactory positioning (assisting patient as needed), and taking additional views as deemed necessary from viewing routine images.
- Inspects films for satisfactory techniques and labeling prior to releasing patient and turning films in for interpretation.
- Recognizes artifacts as such, with ability to troubleshoot causes as needed and observed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve job-related problems such as equipment malfunctions, alternate patient positioning if needed, additional views and realization of equipment and patient limitations.
- Possesses and utilizes the ability to perceive his/her role in the department organization to anticipate needs and systematically arrange schedules to effectively achieve results.
- Regularly reviews the requisition received during the shift to schedule properly and most efficiently.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and uses this knowledge to enhance scans and individualize each exam if needed to aid in diagnosis of patient, as observed by supervisor and Radiologists.
- Regularly reviews the status of arriving patients to utilize equipment and time to maximum.
- Exhibits flexibility and willingness to make changes to improve quantity and quality of procedures as observed by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibility for supervision of students as they rotate through assigned area.
- Must have two years college associate degree or ARRT certified.
- Must be a Registered ARRT Technologist.
- Must be State licensed.
- Must have registered in CT.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.