AdventHealth ICU Tech - FT Nights in Burleson, Texas
ICU Tech - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Demonstrates the skill necessary to provide safe and adequate telemetry monitoring.
· Runs strips Q 4 hours for nurse interpretation with no more than (3) three variances per year.
· Reports any rhythm changes to case manager / patient care nurse 100% of the time.
· Responds to all alarm signals 100% of the time
· Mounts all rhythm strips on appropriate form and files in patient record with no more than four (4) exceptions per year.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- BLS from the AHA
- EMT, CNA, Nurse Tech Course OR appropriate medical experience OR completion of first year of nursing school in lieu of certification
- Six to twelve months previous unit secretary and monitor technician experience preferred
- Successful completetion of Monitor/Telemetry Course within 6 months of hire.
Perform general clerical duties, observe the telemetry monitors for a designated time frame, and specific non-professional services under the direct supervision of the charge nurse/RN, to expedite the efficient function of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and hospital administration. Operate the call light system and recognize emergency alarms, must be able to recognize and document basic arrhythmias and respond appropriately. Perform a variety of specific patient care activities, consistent with goals, philosophy, standards and guidelines of the nursing unit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.