AdventHealth Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse PRN Days in Burleson, Texas
Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides for safe care in the Radiology Department by continuous patient assessment to ensure quality care.
· Completes a pre-op check, if applicable, of each chart before case for completed consent, lab work, history and physical, identify with the patient the type of procedure, checks the ID band and allergies of patient as shown on nursing record.
· Assists with positioning the patient for case with proper alignment and padding, maintain patient's privacy and ensure patient is clean, dry and warm before transporting in a safe manner.
· Monitor patients having local anesthesia according to policy and procedure as shown by nursing record.
· Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and initiates appropriate action as shown on record of patient with problem.
· Administers medications and contrast in accordance with hospital policy with minimal variance.
· Interprets rhythm strips completely and accurately.
· Operates physiologic monitoring computer competently as evidenced by complete documentation in procedure report.
· Demonstrates knowledge of and accurately operates radiologic monitoring and recording systems for radiology procedures.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
· Minimum 2 years IR nursing experience
· Current license in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact state.
· ACLS required within 6 months of hire
· PALS required within 6 months of hire
· CRN: Certified Radiology Nurse required within 1 year of hire
The Staff RN practices as a professional nurse within the limits of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Under general supervision the Imaging RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Utilize the nursing process in achieving the goals of the department. Adhere to the Texas Health Huguley rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Assists in promoting an atmosphere where the imaging staff can openly discuss process improvements. Support the organization’s mission and vision.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.