AdventHealth LVN Endoscopy - PRN Days in Burleson, Texas
LVN Endoscopy - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists the Charge Nurse with providing patient focused care activities.
- Assists the Charge Nurse with the collection and documentation of patient health data.
- Recognizes and identifies patient/family health care needs and reports information to Charge Nurse.
- Contributes to the evaluation of the patient plan of care.
- Documents interventions and patient responses according to hospital and departmental policies.
- Communicates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team providing patient focused care.
- Reinforces patient/family education as planned and implemented by the Charge Nurse.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills.
- Supervises the non-licensed assistant personnel under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
- Assists the Charge Nurse with providing quality direct patient care.
- Demonstrates competence in nursing interventions and clinical skills to perform procedures and nursing tasks.
- Demonstrates competence in the nursing interventions and clinical skills related to insertion and maintenance of peripheral venous catheters and central venous lines.
- Demonstrates competence in the administration of medications including the administration of intravenous piggy-back medications, intravenous push medications and total parental nutrition solutions and intravenous fluids and additives.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Currently licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state.
- Skill in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care as acquired through clinical nursing experience.
- Experience in specialty area in past two (2) years preferred.
- Achieves and maintains appropriate certification for assigned unit within first six months of employment.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse, under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, will perform a variety of specific patient care activities and will be responsible to provide quality patient care as delineated by the Vocational Nurse Act issued by the Texas Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners. The Licensed Vocational Nurse will adhere to and follow the goals, philosophy, standards, policies, and guidelines of the Texas Health Huguley.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.