AdventHealth Outpatient Wound Care Registered Nurse Full Time Days in Burleson, Texas
Outpatient Wound Care Registered Nurse
Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· The RN delegates and collaborates with other staff members.
· Demonstrates critical thinking and independent decision making; utilizing policies and procedures, standards of care and data analysis. (e.g., manages crisis prevention and intervention at a unit level).
· Collaborates and communicates with physicians to ensure quality care.
· Develops, utilizes and models effective time management skills.
· Plans for appropriate patient populations and manages plan of care with interdisciplinary team through ongoing collaboration and use of care plans. Participates in development of collaborative care.
· Coordinates discharge and outpatient plan of care with patient(s), family.
· Collects data to utilize and analyze outcome-based care management variance reports to evaluate patient progress.
· Communicates with all team members regarding therapeutic interventions including patient/family/significant other.
· Sets patient care priorities.
· Responsible for total patient care, including venipunctures, ear irrigation, invasive and non-invasive monitoring.
· Delegates appropriate tasks to licensed staff, monitoring and maintaining accountability for the quality of care.
What You Will Need:
· Nursing Degree from an accredited nursing school. BSN preferred.
· Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas.
· Completes Basic Wound Care course within six (6) months of employment.
· Critical Care nursing experience preferred.
· Wound Care experience preferred.
· ACLS Certification preferred.
Responsible for providing routine and complex wound care to various types of patients seen by this service in accordance with accepted Praxis Clinical Practice Guidelines. Responsible for total patient care, including venipunctures, ear irrigation, invasive and non-invasive monitoring, quality control of equipment, wound care, accurate and timely record keeping. Manages patients’ plan of care collaborating with the staff and other disciplines within the unit (i.e., completes/coordinates patient assessment, develops/monitors outcomes based on plan of care, coordinates and implements plan of care, evaluates outcomes and monitors variances). Provides hands-on expert care to patients and is accountable for managing patient care in order to meet optimal outcomes. Responsible for cross training to provide delivery of acute and chronic wound care, and Wound Care Center admission assessment in accordance with Clinical Practice Guidelines. May serve as back-up to the Hyperbaric Safety Tech as needed.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.