AdventHealth Radiology Tech Cath Lab FT Days in Burleson, Texas
Rad Tech Cath Lab Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
FT / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature, must lift, turn and stoop while moving patients.
· Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for control of Radiation.
· Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels correctly.
· Produces quality films.
· Utilizes lead-shields, aprons, thyroid collars and lead glasses during exposures.
· Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, by the catheterizing physician.
· Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
· Maintains appropriate dark room supplies.
· Performs responsibilities in darkroom and procedure area.
· Assists in cases of adverse reaction to contrast media or acute emergencies as required by the nature of emergency.
· Makes recommendation on ways to improve patient care, technical quality and/or clerical functions to expedite work flow.
· Performs and documents cine film Q.A.
· Assists with patient prep and education prior to and after exam.
· Inspects, cleans and troubleshoots X-ray equipment, power injector, film cine projector, viewer, add film processor.
· Ensures safety for patients, visitors, and staff and operates equipment with extreme caution and according to standards as set forth by equipment manufacturers.
· Recognizes and reports potential safety hazards and intervenes for the safety of patients, visitors and other personnel.
· Possesses and demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment and method of activation.
· Initiates emergency "Code Blue" through hospital switch-board operator as required.
· Positions and transfers patients safely, using immobilization devices as needed.
· Utilizes resources effectively, efficiently and safely.
· Utilizes safe practices and considers patient's safety.
· Summons appropriate help and institutes necessary measures when confronted with emergencies, difficult patient and/or situations.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate of approved AMA program of Radiologic Technology.
· 2-3 years as a Radiologic Technologist.
· Must be a Registered ARRT (National Certification).
· Must be State Licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a C.M.R.T.
· BLS required.
· 6 months - 1 year in cardiac Cath Lab preferred.
Performs cardiac catheterization radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical details. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.