AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Lead Excellence - Pathway Magnet in Burleson, Texas
Registered Nurse Lead Health Huguley Burleson, Texas
Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Co-ordinates, facilitates, and ensures the submission of the application process for ANCC designations and re-designations such as Pathway to Excellence and Magnet.
· Assists in the development of the plan/strategy around Pathway to Excellence Nurse Survey results and opportunities through collaboration with other Nursing leaders. Submits the annual interim reports to ANCC for Pathway to Excellence and Magnet, as described in the appropriate application manual.
· Ensures the ANCC Office is notified of any major changes in administration or ownership, etc. or adverse events as identified in the application manual for Pathway to Excellence, Magnet, or other designations.
· Manages and oversees the Shared Governance and Unit Based Council Structure (UBC) through role of Shared Governance content expert, dissemination of education to Direct Care Nursing staff regarding Shared Governance principles and empowerment of Nursing staff.
What You Will Need:
· Must have experience with Pathway to Excellence and Magnet.
· Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or in a qualifying compact state.
· Maintains ACLS (and/or PALS if applicable to unit) certification.
· Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques which are central to the nursing profession and is normally acquired through completion of a BSN and/or MSN program.
· A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in an acute care facility successfully demonstrating skills in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care required.
The Nurse Lead adheres to and follows the goals, philosophy, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Huguley. The Nurse Lead is a specialized health care professional who reports to the department Director and collaborates with the Director and other leaders to provide leadership to the unit(s) assigned by coordinating the care and services of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promoting effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes that reflects the policies and procedures of the nursing department. In accordance with professional standards, federal and state regulatory standards, and hospital policies and procedures, manages, oversees, and/or coordinates NDNQI, Shared Governance Program which may include: Nurse Advisory Council, Peer Review, EBP, Pathway to Excellence and Magnet designation applications and maintenance, and other programs as requested such as Joint Commission Specialty Certifications, etc.
The Nurse Lead will focus on daily and long-term performance outcomes and operation of the unit through measurements of the department. The Nurse Lead advocates and allocates resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, quality and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. Nurse Lead will ensure compliance with regulatory and professional standards and will integrate clinical, human resource, and financial data to support decision making. This position demonstrates leadership through conflict resolution and service recovery with patients, families, physicians, and staff and proactively removes barriers to effectively implement Texas Health Huguley’s strategic plan to achieve our vision. The Nurse Lead maintains clinical competency in order to provide patient care as appropriate.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.