AdventHealth Sterile Processing Tech - PRN Evenings and Weekends in Burleson, Texas
Sterile Processing Tech - Te xas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Per Diem / Evenings and Weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Preceptorship until competencies verified.
·Receives soiled and contaminated instruments or equipment from surgery/ Anesthesia/ nursing units.
·Appropriately prepares, cleans, and disinfects instruments and equipment.
·Inspects all instruments and equipment for damages, malfunction or unacceptable condition.
·Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization by ascertaining correct item and number when applicable.
·Assists with maintaining adequate supply level.
·Maintains cleanliness and proper order in the work area.
·Assists with supply preparation for surgical cases.
·Maintains required records on sterilization.
·Proficient use of all equipment.
·Assures that proper sterilization procedures are performed.
·Assures the effectiveness of the sterilizing process.
·Knowledgeable in the stocking and par levels for the Nursing units.
·Tracks and recovers equipment and instruments issued to the Nursing units.
·Demonstrates dependability and flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department
·Perform other duties as assigned.
·Assumes on call assignment.
·Responsible for personal and professional development.
What You Will Need:
·High school graduate or equivalent.
·Previous sterile processing technician experience desired.
Under guidance of preceptor is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of supplies and instrumentation utilized throughout the facility following established national standards and infection control standards.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.