AdventHealth Surgical Nurse PRN Days in Burleson, Texas
Surgical Nurse Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
PRN / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates a comprehensive plan of care through a multidisciplinary care team process in conjunction with the patient/family in internal and external settings.
· Comprehensively assess patients' goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs by procuring services through hospital resources.
· Contacts other key members of the team as needed.
· Seeks peer consultation regarding cases that present problems/significant variances.
· Acts as a liaison to post-hospital care providers and community health resources.
· Engages in performance appraisal on a regular basis, identifying areas for professional/practice development.
· Seeks constructive feedback regarding own practice.
· Takes action to achieve goals identified during performance appraisal.
· Participates in peer evaluation when requested.
· Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrated quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
· Understands the Computerized Physician Order entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
· Understands computer downtime procedures.
· Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
· Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
· Completion of an Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, or Masters Degree program in Nursing.
· Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas, or in a qualifying compact state.
· Achieves and maintains appropriate certification for assigned unit within first six months of employment.
· Skill in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care as acquired through clinical nursing experience in an acute care/long term care facility in past three (3) years preferred.
· In specialty areas, at least six months of experience in field preferred.
· Certification in specialty preferred.
The Staff RN coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness; promotes effective utilization of and monitors health care resources; and provides input and information to the interdisciplinary team via the Charge Nurse to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes. The Staff RN will adhere to and follow the goals, philosophy, policies, standards and guidelines of Texas Health Huguley.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.