AdventHealth Cafeteria Dietary Aide PRN in Calhoun, Georgia
Dietary Aide PRN AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Days as needed. Some weekend shifts. May be able to pick up evening shifts.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Sets up tray line at each meal in a timely manner, and keeps all food and supplies restocked when required.
· Sets up cash drawer and operates cash register as needed.
· Prepares all salad bar items, keeping all foods rotated and in sanitized containers.
· Maintains sanitation of all areas, including floors, of the cafeteria and dining room.
· Maintains correct safety procedures, e.g. use of wet floor signs.
· Night shift is responsible for helping other staff with closing the kitchen.
· Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patrons served: Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
· Train new employees on the cash register and Diet Office computer.
· Processes Daily Nourishment Request and deliver supplies to the proper floor.
· Prepares and write patient meal ticks and update cardex each meal.
· Answers telephone, takes messages and relays information as needed.
· Deliver and pickup patient select menu for the next day, deliver patient A.M., Afternoon and P.M. snacks daily.
· Take no less than three Patient meals survey on Monday, Wednesday and Friday whenever the Office Administrative Assistant is absent. (If corrective action is needed communicate information to Cooks, Dietitian and Director to ensure that patient satisfaction is met.
· Assist with any other task in the department required.
· Establish and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with the public.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up attention.
· Conforms to all Gordon Hospital organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
· Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
· Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required.
· Responsible for monitoring cafeteria food temperatures and maintaining sanitation and safety standards.
· Minimizing food waste by proper portion control and stock rotation. Accurate cash transactions.
What You Will Need:
· Basic math skills
· The ability to read and write in English
· Follow oral and written instructions in English
· Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
Restaurant / Food service experience preferred
High School Diploma / GED preferred
Culinary training and/or education preferred
Serve Safe Certification preferred
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Director, assists in the preparation, set up and serving of meals. Operates cash register, cleans work areas and maintains safety standards. May be assigned to any of the following areas: salad preparation, and sanitation. Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions; must have basic math skills.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.