AdventHealth Central Scheduling Rep FT Days in Calhoun, Georgia
Centralized Scheduling Representative 36 hours/week Full Time
AdventHealth Gordon 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
WORK HOURS/SHIFT: 36 hours/week – 8 hours/day Monday through Thursday; one half day on Friday (this is typical, but could change)
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
The Centralized Scheduling Representative is responsible for execution of the Pre-Registration and scheduling process.
· Maintains a positive attitude and relationship with physician offices and associated departments to efficiently schedule patients for procedures.
· Verifies insurance policies and obtains benefits, such as copays, deductibles, co-insurances, out-of-pocket maximums and medical necessity.
· Obtains all authorizations and precertification numbers for required services prior to scheduled appointment.
· Exhibits exceptional customer service skills while scheduling and pre-registering patients for procedures.
· Informs patient of any instructions needed to follow for their appointment.
· Covers switchboard as needed, and is aware of procedures for codes and on-call personnel.
· Must be properly trained in Cerner to complete scheduling and pre-registration functions
· Knowledge of how to properly calculate percentages owed for patients and set financial arrangements with patients before procedure.
· Properly generates all needed paperwork for patients and registration department to complete the registration process, including, but not limited to, consents, HIPAA forms, Advance Directives, facesheets, orders.
· Ensures documents meet all applicable standards and policies, i.e., governmental, hospital, and departmental.
Communicates with patients, family members and other staff to properly expedite process Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Customer Service skills.
· Operating a computer.
· Microsoft Office applications.
· Answering, directing, and making phone calls.
· Must have previous experience in customer service and/or clerical setting.
· High school diploma or equivalent
The Centralized Scheduling personnel are responsible for scheduling and pre-registration of patients obtaining service at Gordon Hospital. Personnel provide patients with information regarding living wills, advance directives, conditions of admission, patient rights, and financial responsibilities, while obtaining all necessary demographic, insurance, and other information or signatures necessary to complete the admitting/registration process. All activities are completed in compliance with the applicable state, federal, or regulatory guidelines.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.