AdventHealth Clinic Radiology Technologist in Calhoun, Georgia
Clinical Radiology Technologist AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: Adult and Peds - Calhoun, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
· Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
· Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology.
· Regulates the equipment used to expose the x-ray film develops and organizes studies in the film room.
· Operates equipment safely and maintain A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing all types of procedures.
· Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
· Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room.
· Assures responsibilities for the patient flow and all other matters pertaining to patient care, ensures patient and employee safety.
· The technologist is directly involved in a variety of Radiology procedures, has an extensive experience with available Radiology equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control.
What You Will Need:
· High school diploma or equivalent plus some College – graduate of a 2-year Radiology Tech School.
· One-year experience in radiology or a new graduate or a two-year radiology tech program.
· Experience required before working unattended or high volume shifts without supervision.
· A.R.R.T Registered or registry eligible
Responsible for rendering professional clinical care within the medical practice in support of and as directed by the physicians/providers. Performs Radiographic-imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and transports patients. Performs clerical associated with performing x-rays. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
The Radiologic Technologist is to be considered the technical expert in all areas. Individual will be required to work alone without supervision. Legal consequences of error have the potential to be large and lengthy due to the nature of the responsibilities. Individuals must be able to make emergency, independent decisions about patient care issues. Will be responsible for the development of policy and procedures for all areas responsible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.