AdventHealth Clinical Dietician PRN Days in Calhoun, Georgia
Clinical Dietitian PRN AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701 (https://maps.google.com/?q=1035+red+bud+rd+calhoun,+ga+30701&entry=gmail&source=g)
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Located in the foothills of North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Faith based organization
Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans
Work Hours/Shift: PRN Days
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Patient Care:
- Conducts a nutritional assessment for patients at nutritional risk. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence based standards.
- Performs nutrition diagnosis after identifying the problem and clarifying the cause of the problem.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives, nutrition prescription, and self-management training. May require development of a therapeutic plan of specialized nutrition support, including enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Works with pharmacists, and together comprise the Nutrition Support Service for parenteral nutrition care.
- Utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and measures progress towards outcomes of medical nutrition therapy interventions. Reassesses nutrition care process and implements changes as indicated.
- Communicates with the medical team through interdisciplinary meetings, rounds, and medical conferences.
- Provides appropriate documentation that summarizes the nutrition care plan in the patient’s medical record, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis plan, implementation, and progress toward goals.
- Works cooperatively with foodservice staff to assure conformance to diet prescriptions.
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patient’s protected health information.
- Assures that care delivered to each patient is in accordance with the State practice act.
Assesses educational needs and provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups.
- Serves as a resource to medical staff and allied health personnel on nutrition issues.
- Participates in community projects and education as needed/assigned.
- Conducts in-services and educational presentations to hospital/department staff.
Maintains productivity standards and practices effective time management and prioritizing of tasks.
- Maintains accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities.
- Manages resources (time, materials, staff) in a cost-effective manner.
- Assists in developing and revising patient education materials, clinical forms, and protocols.
- Supports and promotes the organization’s infection control, safety, risk management, and customer/guest relation programs.
- Assists in achieving compliance with JCAHO standards, with other accrediting organizations, and with regulatory agency standards, including state and federal.
- Assists Nutritional Services Director with managing the diet office and patient tray line staff.
Identifies and collects performance improvement data, monitors outcomes, and initiates corrective actions.
- Participates in planning and developing nutrition-related policies, procedures, and goals.
Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education requirements.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and staff development programs.
- Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary meetings, task forces, and projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Minimal Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts Degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related area.
- Must be registered and in good standing as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Must be licensed as a dietitian in the State of Georgia.
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that is integrated and compatible with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocol/guidelines; managing resources in a cost-effective manner; participating in performance improvement efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.