AdventHealth CSR Tech Certified Part Time Days in Calhoun, Georgia
CSR Technician – (Certified Sterile Processing) AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Medical and Dental benefits begin first day (part time eligible)
Located in the foothills of North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Faith based organization
Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans
Part Time: 32 hours/week
What You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care.
Maintains the privacy of all patients
- Ensures environment is neat and clean
Maintains a safe environment
Demonstrates competencies in all procedures within scope of practice and as appropriate to the ages of the patient served.
Reports malfunctioning equipment to the RN
- Actively participates in staff meetings, committees, mandatory in services and educational programs/offerings relevant to area of practice
Demonstrates competency and recognizes own skills, abilities and limitations and is accountable for own actions
Seeks/solicits help or guidance form resource person when appropriate
- Functions in a professional manner during emergency or crisis situations
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures and internal external disaster plans
- Completes work on time
- Utilizes time clock/T&A to document attendance appropriately
- Uses proper notification for use of unscheduled personal leave time
Utilizes the principles of cost containment by conserving equipment, supplies and person time (including personal calls and person visits).
Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
- Medical staff
- The public
- External business associates
- Exhibits positive SHARE values in all interpersonal contacts
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow up or attention
Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate, Gordon Hospital organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Mission and Values
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Corporate Compliance
- Rules of Conduct as outlines in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
- Dress Code (personal hygiene)
- Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; make appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in producers for absences; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
- Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual and as pertains to each work area.
Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
Appropriate use of resources – conserving equipment, supplies and person time and personal calls
- Providing assistance to team members
- Accepting work or schedule assignments
- Participating in performance improvement process as required
- Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disaster, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or responsibilities have been transferring to incoming personnel. This is mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
- Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment immediately after surgery.
- Maintains adequate turnaround of instrumentation and trays in the event of an emergency
- Inspects instrumentation as it is cleaned for any defects or damage.
- Assembles instrument trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, notifies supervisor of any deviations.
- Monitors sterilizers in Sterile Supply and OR according to infection control policies.
- Approves that each sterilization load has reached its completion as to the required time, temperature and pressure for the duration required to reach sterilization.
- Logs the approved printout from each load in the appropriate book per SPD policies and procedures.
- Accurately reads and documents biological results for required loads and notifies supervisor or manager of any deviation from the norm.
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment for functionality daily.
- Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be exposed to proper sterilization conditions.
What You Will Need:
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in Medical Terminology required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- One (1) year experience working in Sterile Processing or Surgical field preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be computer literate. Word and Excel experience preferred
- Certification in Central Sterile Processing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- One (1) year surgical medical supplies knowledge preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Responsible for the manual and mechanical decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products, instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and procedures regarding sterilization, decontamination as it applies to Infection Control and safety.
Performs routine preventative maintenance on Sterile Processing (SPD) equipment. Keeps surgical instrumentation and endoscopes in good working order and notifies the Supervisor or Manager of necessary repairs.
Assist Supervisor in maintaining disinfectants and sterilization supplies. Assembles instruments trays according to count sheets, ensuring instrument trays are complete. Accurate and in good condition.
Notifies Supervisor or Manager of lost instruments. Communicates with lead sterile processing technician that all supply, instruments and equipment supplied by SPD is available and ready for scheduled and emergency surgical cases.
Orders and receives stock, perform daily cycle counts, rotates stock, post departmental requisitions and charges. Inventory and restock surgical supplies in SPD and OR instruments according to par levels. Notifies Lead Sterile Processing Technician of needed updates to Surgeon’s preference cards.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.