AdventHealth Environmental Services Manager in Calhoun, Georgia
Environmental Services Manager – AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Located in the foothills of North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Faith based organization
Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans
What You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Develops, evaluates and implements departmental policies and procedures, goals and objectives and standards of work.
2. Monitors existing programs for compliance with the environmental policies and procedures.
3. Identifies potential environmental issues and develops strategies to effectively respond.
4. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
5. Prepares, evaluates and controls the department’s annual budget.
6. Develops and applies standards of quality and productivity.
7. Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the hospital.
8. Periodically inventories equipment and supplies.
9. Investigates new and improved cleaning equipment, methods and supplies and communicates information to employees.
10. Ensures linen supply is clean and that there is an adequate supply available at all times.
11. Properly hires, orients, evaluates and disciplines personnel within established policy.
12. Oversees the scheduling of personnel to ensure proper coverage of the hospital.
13. Develops orientation and ongoing training programs for the Hospital and department personnel.
14. Oversees and provides personnel with timely, complete and documented orientation and training.
15. Conducts performance evaluations in timely, measurable and objective manner.
16. Participates in information management, performance improvement and infection control programs.
17. Serves on Hospital Safety Committee
18. Ensures compliance with TJC, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards.
19. Supports and carries out all hospital policies.
20. Monitors work quality through use of inspection reports and ensures that the employees meet departmental standards.
21. Conducts, with active participation, staff meetings with all departmental employees on a routine basis to discuss problems, changes in policy and new procedures for a more economical operation.
22. Maintains a work environment, which is supportive and respectful of other employees. Keeping employees informed of work issues and programs by maintaining quality communications. Work positively to resolve issues of conflicting personalities
23. Participates in EOC Rounding.
What You Will Need:
· Ability to type and use computer, has excellent people skills, enthusiasm for helping others and a respectful attitude.
· Able to easily build rapport and trust. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos. Must have good problem solving skills, ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and interpret documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of and experience in infection control best practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in healthcare environmental services
· High School graduate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 10+ years of leadership experience in healthcare environmental services
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP)
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director, performs a variety of tasks in the coordination/managing of Environmental Services. Responsible for the supervision and accomplishment of the personnel maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and staff. Must work closely with all Departments and staff to ensure the patient’s best interests are top priority. Plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates and controls the activities of the Environmental Services Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.