AdventHealth First Assist Certified FT Days in Calhoun, Georgia
Certified First Assist FT Days AdventHealth Gordon
1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
What You Will Be Responsible For:
• Perform duties of Surgery Assistant to include assistance of the following tasks:
a. Placement and suturing of surgical drains
b. Patient positioning
c. Retracting tissues per surgeon’s directive
• Drapes patient within surgeon’s guidelines.
• Prepping of the surgical site.
• Placement of pneumatic tourniquet.
• Use of electro cautery mono and bipolar.
• Clamp, ligation, and cutting of tissue per surgeon’s directive.
• Closure of all wound layers as per surgeon’s directive.
• Prepare ACL graft as directed by physician.
• Performs other related duties as required
• Prepare Robotic and Laparoscopic Cases.
• Perform Patient Education as required.
• Assist in the set up and preparation for cases to be assisted.
• Train staff as requested for upcoming cases on equipment and procedure.
• Assist with cases requiring call as needed at the discretion of the director.
• Assist with turnover of cases as needed to facilitate the procedure and decrease wait time for the patient.
• Perform as a liaison between staff and physicians with principles of leadership.
• Maintains established company/hospital policies, procedures, directives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards appropriate to this position.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of the company through behavior and attitude.
What You Will Need:
· Be certified as a Surgical Assistant from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assistants or the American Board of Surgical Assistants.
· BLS (current) from American Heart Association
· Three (3) years of current operating room scrub and/or assisting experience within the last five (5) years preferred
Under the direct supervision, assists the operating surgeon in care of patients in surgery and performs assigned selected duties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.