AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse - Ellijay and Chatsworth in Calhoun, Georgia
Licensed Practical Nurse AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: Ellijay and Chatsworth Locations
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
· Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
· Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Is responsible for compliance with regulatory standards pertinent to nursing practice.
· Assists in coordinating and providing quality patient-focused care in a physician’s clinic. This includes some oversight in coordinating daily back office operations with medical assistants and other back office support staff.
· Places the patients in the examining room ensuring they are as comfortable as possible.
· Performs EHR intake entry by going over medication lists, allergies, and other pertinent information required by the provider. Obtains vital signs, secures complaint, and enters the information into patient’s electronic medical record.
· Assists Physicians/Providers with examination and treatment of patient and is always accessible.
What You Will Need:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Associates Degree or equivalent specific to Licensed Practice Nurse.
· Minimum six (6) months experience in medical office. Proficiency must be attained via on-the-job training, and orientation, within 3 months.
· Current LPN License issued by The State of Georgia
· BLS/CPR certification is required
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direct supervision of the physician, mid-level licensed provider, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of Gordon Physicians Group, Gordon Hospital, and Adventist Health Systems’ goals and objectives.
Responsible for routine back office functions including the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
Responsible for retrieving, routing, and assisting with provider/nurse messages in regard to patient telephone calls, messages, and call backs; appointment scheduling; and prescription refills as directed by the physician.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.