AdventHealth Nutritional Services Supervisor/Chef in Calhoun, Georgia
Nutritional Services Supervisor/Chef AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon:
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Functions as Shift Supervisor and Catering Chef when required.
· Establishes and maintains performance and quality standards.
· Responsible for assigning tasks to staff to maximize efficiency and productivity.
· Rewards good performance and maintains positive morale for staff through coaching, mentoring, understanding and support to establish an effective team.
· Sets standards of operations; oversees cashiers, deposits and accountability of all register transactions.
· Works with Director to ensure production of high-quality caterings to include planning, cooking costing and execution of all events with catering team
· Sets and maintains departmental standards with all events.
What You Will Need:
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Culinary degree or equivalent experience in a function/banquet setting producing high quality food.
· Two years of supervisory and/or management experience required.
· Microsoft office experience required.
· ServSafe required or obtained within 30 days of hire.
· Associates Degree preferred.
A working leadership position responsible for the productivity of staff and daily work flow. This position performs advanced supervisory duties; is directly involved in production and quality control in every facet of the department. Serves under Supervision of Director while simultaneously supervising staff.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.