AdventHealth Patient Safety Sitter ED PRN Nights AdventHealth Gordon in Calhoun, Georgia
* Patient Safety Sitter PRN AdventHealth Gordon*
* Location Address:* 1035 Red Bud Rd NE, Calhoun, GA
* Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Gordon*
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
* Work Hours/Shift:*
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- The Observer will be responsible for monitoring high risk patients by direct observation or camera, keeping the patient in site at all times
- High risk patients will include, but are not limited to, patients who are: suicidal, at risk of inadvertent self-harm, at risk for assaultive behavior or demonstrate dangerous and unpredictable behavior, at risk for elopement, or are extremely confused.
- Patient must be monitored at all times including during toileting and bathing; privacy is to be maintained and staff are to utilize discretion while maintaining direct line of vision of patient at all times.
- The Observer will document on behavioral health patients every 15 mi
- Reports any patient concerns directly to the nursing staff on the unit immediately
- May deliver approved items to the patient at the direction of the clinical nursing staff.
- If the patient is under a 10-13; it is imperative that the sitter adhere to the established hospital guidelines for patient safety:
- Functions in a professional and calm manner during emergent/crisis situations.
* What You Will Need:*
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Prior hospital or medical experience preferred.
- AHS BLS (Basic Life Support) Must complete during orientation period
- CPI Certification required within 3 months of employment
* Job Summary:*
The Patient Sitter performs assigned duties and responsibilities specific to the role in a consistently safe, competent and compassionate manner under the direction of the assigned nurse. Assigned duties may include providing a direct and continuous line of vision for patient observation, suicide watch and providing companionship for the assigned patient. Sitter works in cooperation with all team members in an effort to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.