All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Mental Health Resources and Support
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
Location: AdventHealth 1035 RED BUD RD NE, Calhoun, 30701
The role you’ll contribute:
The patient safety specialist is responsible for developing and implementing patient safety programs to reduce medical errors and health care incidents. Works collaboratively with staff to communicate all initiatives both vertically and horizontally. Gathers data detailing patient related errors and conducts analysis for management detailing the cause of the error. Additionally, recommends changes to policies or programs that could prevent future errors.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Designs and presents training programs meant to increase awareness of patient safety initiatives.
· Conducts Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) as indicated/ required by regulatory entities and in accordance with the Patient Safety Plan.
· Facilitate the Good Catch Program including aggregation and dispersing of data.
· Chapter representative for the National Patient Safety Goals section.
· Leads the Culture of Safety survey process including aggregation and dispersing of data with establishment of panel reviews. Assist as needed with debriefing of departmental staff for both campuses.
· Responsible for the Leapfrog Survey, including oversight for metric inclusion into various committees as appropriate and inputting of data for both campuses.
· Attends EOC surveillance rounds at least 80% of the time. Prepare and present data for the EOC meetings.
· Completes Performance Improvement data for PSI-90 and Organ Procurement at Gordon campus
· Assists with Root Cause Analysis
· Responsible for Aggregation of data from Senior Leader Rounds, dispersant to frontline, and assisting with follow-up action item reporting.
· This position will lead the Falls Team including assisting nursing to prepare the PIC graphs using the CRAF analysis methodology.
· This position will lead the Glycemic Management team including assisting nursing to prepare the PIC graphs using the CRAF analysis methodology.
· Attend the daily safety huddle at least 80% of the time.
· Develop/ lead performance improvement teams as needed.
· Assist with HRO (High Reliability Organization) processes and education.
· Lead TeamSTEPPS training for staff.
· Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team.
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Georgia required.
· Strong organization skills, including completing work by established deadlines.
· Ability to evaluate and correlate clinical information with appropriate criteria and is able to utilize available computer hardware and software.
· BSN strongly preferred.
· Minimum 1-year experience with teaching and/or leading evidence-based project preferred.
· Minimum 3 years as acute care nurse preferred.
· Skills to develop and engage in educational activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of specific objective.
· CPPS or ASHRM Certification preferred.
· TeamSTEPPS master trainer preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039445
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $30.25 - $45.375
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job ID: 23039445
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day