AdventHealth PCT-PCU PRN Nights in Calhoun, Georgia
Patient Care Tech - AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Road, Calhoun, GA 30701
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
- Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
- Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
- Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
- Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to the patient daily and as needed.
- Maintains the privacy of all patients.
- Ensures patient environment is neat and clean.
- Answers calls promptly.
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential breakdown and communicates with the licensed nurse.
- Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Obtains vital signs per unit policy and reports abnormal findings immediately to the licensed nurse.
- Demonstrates competencies in all procedures within scope of practice and as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the licensed nurse.
- Actively participates in: staff meetings, committees, mandatory in-services, and educational programs/offerings relevant to area of practice.
- Demonstrates competency and recognizes own skills, abilities and limitations and is accountable for own actions.
- Seeks/solicits help or guidance from resource person when appropriate.
- Functions in a professional manner during emergency or crisis situations.
What You Will Need:
- Valid American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card.
- Licensed paramedic or CNA with a valid Georgia License and BCLS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred
The Patient Care Technician is responsible to perform duties as assigned and directed by the licensed nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of assigned units. The PCT works in cooperation with all team members to accomplish departmental goals and objectives. The primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient care.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.