All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday from 8 am until 4:30 pm or 4 pm until 12:30 am
Location: 1035 RED BUD RD NE, Calhoun, 30701
The role you’ll contribute:
The Security Officer II performs security service duties through professional and positive interaction with the public, patients, employees and administrators. Responds to a variety of calls; provides assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations. Investigates and documents (both electronically and written) safety hazards, incidents and criminal activities. Patrols designated areas to ensure the protection of the public, patients, employees and property of Gordon Hospital. Is accountable to the department’s chain of command for initiative, judgment and general competence exhibited in the performance of assignments, calls for service, and day-to-day general duties. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Position requires completion and clearance from physiological and physical fitness screenings.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Proactively patrols assigned areas and performs all security related tasks, ensuring life safety standards are maintained. Investigates suspicious activity or persons. Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to Security Operations Center and keeps Supervisor apprised of unusual activities and events. Responds to events of varying degrees of vulnerability, including high vulnerability such as life-threatening events, natural disasters.
· Participates in activities not directly related to Security operations as approved by Security Management. These may include transport and release of bodies from the morgue; patient escort; elevator recall checks; monthly fire extinguisher, panic alarm, and intercom checks; and special event setups.
· Acknowledges and responds appropriately to emergency, non-emergency and alarm calls as assigned. Uses good judgment to safely determine the alarm cause, takes appropriate action and/or provides the proper assistance and direction in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Administers initial first aid as appropriate and to the level of training attained.
· Intercedes in disputes between individuals by using verbal de-escalation techniques and skills to diffuse potentially violent patient, employee, or visitor situations. Physically manages combative, violent persons without hesitation using techniques taught in the required annual aggression management training.
· Patrols assigned areas to provide security presence. Unlocks buildings/doors after checking identification and compliance with Hospital policies; properly utilizes and maintains all issued and operated equipment. Observes activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce Hospital rules/regulations; alerts visitors of infractions. Assists individuals on property needing directions or information. Escorts people/property to desired destination when safety of property or individuals is a concern.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Ability to read accurately and comprehend, write clearly, and understand in a manner to effectively complete legal reports, narratives, and follow simple directions. Ability to read, interpret, and apply safety rules, penal codes, vehicular codes, radio codes, reports, memos, communications, policies, and other required written materials. Ability to actively listen and communicate effectively through clear speech, and hearing
· Ability to safely operate vehicles, equipment, and communication devices and perform all aspects of the job safely without imposing risk to self and/or others
· Computer literacy with ability to use basic hospital/security applications and information management systems required
· Good critical thinking skills, and ability to set and quickly reset priorities
· Able to work and train in an environment with occurring periods of crisis and stress
· Ability to recognize faces
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients, visitors and/or employees
· Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment; ability to work closely with medical and nursing staff to resolve patient-related problems
· Ability to identify recurring security operation issues, collaborate with leadership to problem solve and develop solutions, and work with the Security Management team on implementation of change
· Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to diplomatically handle stressful situations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED :
· Basic computer skills including Windows, Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Associate’s degree in security or law enforcement, OR
· Technical college certificate in a criminal justice or related field, OR
· One year of security, military or law enforcement experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· State of Georgia Class E driver’s license and driving record in accordance with Gordon Hospital policy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
· International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training certification
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· MOAB International – Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
· Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Handcuffing, or equitable national certification
· Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Pepper Spray, or equitable national certification
· Personal Safety Training, Inc. – Baton, or equitable national certification
· TASER International – Conducted Electrical Weapon
· Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) training certificates
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23020457
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 1035 RED BUD RD NE
Pay Range: $15 - $15
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job ID: 23020457
Job Family: Security
Shift: 1 - Day