AdventHealth Advance Practice Registered Nurse Pre-Surgery FT Days in Celebration, Florida
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse AdventHealth Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
- Full Time Days
- Performs complex assessments of patients’ health status through physical exam reviews, patient histories, diagnostic tests and procedures, and reviews lab results and other critical data; collaborates with interdisciplinary teams. Initiates orders for medications, laboratory, and other diagnostic testing and medical treatments on appropriate forms. Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources; facilitates efficient and comprehensive discharge planning. Promotes inpatient throughput.
- Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment and follow-up phases, assuring patient has appropriate/timely medical/supportive services. Diagnoses acute and chronic conditions affecting all organs systems. Effectively communicates treatment plans and/or procedures to patients/families through teaching and counseling, as needed.
- Prescribes interventions and performs therapeutic measures to ensure the appropriate individualized plan of care is implemented. Applies knowledge of age-specific needs i.e.: pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients related to plan of care interventions and patients’ responses to care. Identifies patients’ knowledge deficits and contributes to education.
- Attends medical rounds (or Tumor Boards) with physician/surgeon and pharmacist. Promotes continuity of care through communication with consulting/referring physician(s). Coordinates treatment plans with other caregivers. Facilitates discharge of patients in clinical area of specialization.
- Writes and/or dictates progress notes, procedure notes, histories, physical examinations, and transfers/discharge summaries in accordance with medical policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master of Science degree in Nursing
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program
- One to five years of experience in respective discipline
- If in Cancer (Thoracic) – Five years’ experience in/as Oncology or Thoracic nursing/nurse practitioner
- If in Cancer (GYN) – Five years’ experience in/as Oncology or GYN nursing/nurse practitioner
- If in Cancer (Head/Neck) – Five years’ experience in/as Oncology or Head/Neck nursing/nurse practitioner
- If in AHA/Kids’ House – Experience in evaluating and treatment of child abuse and neglect or agree to receive training deemed necessary by department for evaluating alleged abuse or neglect
- If in AHFC/Pediatric Palliative Care - Five years’ nursing experience, including care of children with complex, chronic, and/or life-threatening conditions and those at end of life; and Master’s degree leading to ability to be certified as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, or Family Nurse Practitioner
- If in AH Infusion Center – Three to five years’ experience in Oncology nursing
- If in Palliative Care – Five years’ nursing experience, including care of patients with complex, chronic, and/or life-threatening conditions and those at end of life; and Master’s degree leading to ability to be certified as Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Public speaking experience
- Teaching/precepting experience
- If in 1750 or Digestive Health – Gastroenterology experience and efficient use of EMR
- If in AHFC/Pediatric Palliative Care- Clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, pediatrics, or pediatric/neonatal intensive care
- If in Palliative Care – Clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, or intensive care
- If in Transplant – Extensive critical care and/or dialysis experience; nephrology experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current, valid State of Florida Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
- ACLS, BLS, and/or NRP, as required by area of practice
- If in AH Infusion Center/Orlando Med Staff (working in GYN/ONC)– BLS, ACLS
- If in AHA/Kids’ House – Certification in advanced training in pediatrics or family practice
- If in AHFC/Pediatric Palliative Care- Certification in advanced training in pediatrics or family practice; ACLS, PALS, and NRP
- If in Heart Failure Clinic – National Adult Nurse Practitioner certification by either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) within 5 years of hire as an advanced nursing practitioner.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- If in Diabetes – Certified Diabetes Educator
- If in AHFC/Pediatric Palliative Care – Hospice and palliative care certification
- If in HBO2/Wound Care – Credentialed as Wound Care Specialist or Hyperbaric nurse; credentialed as Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- If in Transplant – Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator or Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse certification
- If in AH Infusion Center /Orlando Med Staff (working in GYN/ONC) – One of five oncology certifications by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC); credentialed as an Infusion Nurse; Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AONC) highly preferred or Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) or Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI)
- If in Palliative Care – Hospice and/or Post-Graduate ARNP Palliative Care specialty certification
The Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) provides comprehensive primary care services, acute care services, and extended care services in the area of nursing and medicine for individuals and their families as outlined in the Collaborative Practice Agreement. The APRN has prescriptive authority in the State of Florida under a practice agreement with a supervising physician, which includes ordering, conducting, and interpreting appropriate diagnostic testing. Responsible for identifying patients’ alterations in health, assessing response to treatment, communicating appropriate data, implementing nursing intervention, and preparing for potential complications. The APRN supports the clinical operation of the department with primary focus on clinical services. The practitioner will be responsible for coordinating delivery of patient care in collaboration with the physician; adheres to AdventHealth’s Corporate Compliance Plan and all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.