AdventHealth AdventHealth Medical Group OBGYN at Celebration - CNM or WHNP in Celebration, Florida
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Lake Wales, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group OBGYN at Celebration
Full Time Opportunity for a WHNP or Outpatient Certified Nurse Midwife
Serving the AdventHealth Celebration and Kissimmee Community
- Provides primary health care services to women of all ages, from adolescence and continuing through pregnancy and menopause
- Specialization in obstetrics and gynecology but also engages in well-women care, prenatal care, contraceptive counseling, as well as treatment for chronic illnesses, eating disorders, and STI’s.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, and privileges.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Serves as a Women’s Health team member working independently with remote assistance as needed
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- All outpatient, no hospital commitment (no deliveries)
- Schedule is Monday – Friday from 7 AM – 7 PM with flexibility and potential of extended hours
- Holiday rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Women’s Health Management
- Passion for Women’s health
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (WHNP) or Certified Nurse Midwife
- 4-6 years of experience in Women’s Health or as a Certified Nurse Midwife in an outpatient setting
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license Required
- WHNP (or equivalent) certification Required
- Current BLS required; ACLS preferred
- DEA Licensure required
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- Global Robotics
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.