AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Palliative Care - Inpatient Opportunity – APRN or PA
Opportunity Serving AdventHealth Celebration
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations and medical management of palliative care patients including new consultations, admissions, follow up and discharging of patients per hospital protocol
• Primary hospital covered is the Celebration campus but could cover our other Central Florida campuses on an occasional basis.
• Provide symptom management for patients including pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, dyspnea, delirium, anxiety and depression
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and social workers as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
• Campus: AH Celebration
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Desire to learn and improve skillset
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to reflect on one’s own strengths and weaknesses
• Motivated to grow as a provider
• Ability to handle elevated emotions and dying patients
• Comfort with a fast-growing department
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Extremely low-cost health care premiums
• Relocation Assistance
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
• Experience in Palliative care, ICU hospitalist, or oncology Required
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA Certification
• Current BLS and ACLS required
• Current, valid DEA license
AdventHealth Celebration is a 317 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-celebration)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: CEL-A060-GME-Pall-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Celebration, FL
Job ID: CEL-A060-GME-Pall-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services