AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Plastics and Reconstructive Breast Surgery
Full-Time Opportunity for an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner - Physician Assistant (PA-C)
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for
• Performs physical examinations of surgical patients including, but not limited to: new patient visits, established/follow-up visits, pre & post-operative care.
• OR assist
• Patient education and discharge summaries.
• Responsibilities in clinic include but are not limited to: Suture removal, expanders, implant fills, etc.
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, other related imaging
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday; 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Hospitals covered: AH Celebration, AH Winter Park, and AH Kissimmee
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
• Surgical experience (preferred)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida PA or license
• Current, valid DEA license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Celebration is a 317 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-celebration)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: CEL-A053-CAN-PlasSurg-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Celebration, FL
Job ID: CEL-A053-CAN-PlasSurg-Repl
Job Family: Physician Services