AdventHealth Assistant Supervisor - Venipuncture in Celebration, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Asst Supervisor- Venipuncture- Celebration
Location Address: 400 Celebration Place
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth- Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Work Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday (Rotating Weekends) 12:30pm - 9pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; blood specimen collection to include phlebotomy and skin puncture for all age groups; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores documentation and paperwork.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing as needed to support assigned department.
- Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area; acts as a proficient resource for all departmental tasks and training.
- Assists Laboratory management with special projects as assigned including scheduling or in-services as requested. Provides basic coaching and mentoring to staff. Attends and participates in department meetings.
- In the absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager, facilitates workflow and problem resolution.
- Assists in teaching new staff and Phlebotomy Students when assigned.
- Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff.
- Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
- Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times.
- Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, from neo-nates through geriatric patients.
- Follows and enforces appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
- Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory procedures or processes performed in department or work area assigned
- Independent problem- solving skills.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English with patients, staff, and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
- Ability to read text and numbers in English, with demonstrated ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match, problem solve, and exercise judgment under supervision. Ability to respond appropriately to buzzers, bells, flashing lights, and pagers.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Ability to handle infectious biological specimens, caustics, toxic chemicals and/or irritants appropriately and safely.
- Completion of Blood Collection Program, Medical Assistant Program, or similar training program appropriate program appropriate to anticipated department assignment, OR 1-year experience in hospital laboratory setting appropriate to department work assigned
- Associates degree laboratory sciences, business or healthcare related field, OR
- 2 years post-secondary education in Management/Business or Health related fields
- Nationally certified in blood collection if phlebotomy duties are required, OR
- Certification as a Lab Assistant
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.