ECHO Sonographer Intern at AdventHealth Celebration Florida
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Parental Leave
· Pet Insurance
· Benefits from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program & Debt-free Education
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth Celebration – 400 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747
Schedule: Full time
Shift : Days
Eligible shifts qualify for weekend shift differential, 2** nd shift differential & 3 rd **shift differential
The community you’ll be caring for:
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The cardiovascular sonography intern for our Central Florida Division (CFD) will intern for approximately 3-month period and will be able to obtain real-life hands-on cardiovascular sonography experience in an acute care hospital setting. This internship will also help prepare the chosen intern to sit for their ARDMS or CCI sonography exam. In this role, you will help perform cardiovascular studies under the supervision of a staff Sonographer to assist physicians in diagnosing cardiovascular disease and injury. Note : The sonography intern must remain in good academic standing while in this position and the hours worked within this role should not interfere with their primary class or clinical hours.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assist the staff sonographer in performing high quality diagnostic cardiovascular sonographic studies. These studies can vary by campus but may include:
o Transthoracic Echocardiograms (TTE)
o Transesophageal Echocardiograms (TEE)
o Carotid Duplex
o Upper and Lower Extremity Venous Doppler
o Upper and Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex AND Doppler
o Stress Echocardiograms
· Assist in positioning and maneuvering patients for exams according to the type of exam that is to be performed.
· Complete appropriate documentation and charting for each study being performed under the supervision of a staff sonographer.
· Assist with patient care needs.
· Ensure the ultrasound exam rooms are fully stocked at the end of each shift with necessities such as: linen, gel, ECG leads, etc.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
· Be a second year student currently enrolled in an accredited cardiovascular sonography program with good academic standing and at least 950 hours of clinical experience; OR
· Have graduated within the last 2 years from an accredited cardiovascular sonography program with their Associates of Science.
· Proficiency in using ultrasound equipment including:
o Philips IE 33 OR
o Philips Epiq 7 OR
o Philips CX-50
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23045730
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.48 - $22.39
Location: Celebration, FL
Job ID: 23045730
Job Family: Cardiology
Shift: 1 - Day