AdventHealth Cath Lab RN EP FT Days in Celebration, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Tech IV - AdventHealth - Celebration
Location Address: 400 CELEBRATION PLACE CELEBRATION 34747
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
- Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
- Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a therapeutic cardiac laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice or performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a electrophysiology laboratory based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Level II Adult Cardiovascular Services license facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes for adult cardiac procedures and within 45 minutes for pediatric cardiac procedures.
- Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Provides training for CV Invasive Lab Technologist Level I, II, III and IV staff.
What You Will Need:
- Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification (cost center 7266 only)
Must possess and maintain one of the following:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Radiologic Technologist [R.T.(R)]
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
- Knowledge of complex peripheral intervention procedures, peripheral diagnostic procedures and peripheral intervention procedures
- One year of Cardiovascular Lab experience
- Interventional Radiology Lab experience
- Pediatric Lab experience
- Peripheral Lab experience
- Two years of Electrophysiology Lab experience
The Cardiovascular Interventional Technologist IV performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.