YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
• AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
• The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
Clinically trained minister responsible for providing spiritual care to our primary customers, partners, and team members. Participates as a member of the healthcare team in evaluating spiritual needs provides one to one, short-term spiritual support to patients, families and care team members in inpatient, outpatient, urgent-care, corporate and other specialized care settings. Also provides supportive brief spiritual counseling and community referrals, following a comprehensive spiritual wholeness assessment of concerns
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth's service standards of Keep me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy and Own it.
The PRN is an "as needed" position that requires flexibility and availability. Calls to fill shifts in the hospital may come with little notice, and if the situation changes may be cancelled with little notice. We will strive to maintain communication clearly and directly and with as much notice as is possible as a crucial part of the spiritual care team. The reliable PRN Chaplain establishes and maintains an availability to respond to needs for pastoral care as called; establishes and maintains punctual work habits.
Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks. The PRN Chaplain demonstrates integrity and responsible pastoral ethics in reporting time, communicating with staff and leaders regarding care, and relating to patients, families, and team members.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN assigned courses, annual manual safety education, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
PRN Chaplains may be asked to serve during or immediately following emergent situations – to provide additional pastoral support or recovery time for those engaged in the emergency. Availability is crucial to the ongoing care of patients, families, and staff during natural and unexpected emergencies.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree
• PRN- Level 1 - Minimum of one (1) unit of Clinical Pastoral Education completed, at a center accredited by ACPE, Inc.
• In good standing with a recognized faith community
• Completion of a Master of Divinity, Master of Science in Spiritual Care or graduate level degree (72-hour minimum) in theology, religion or related field.
• Clinical Pastoral Education Residency or completion of 3 or more units of ACPE, Inc. accredited CPE
• Congregational Pastoral leadership
• Eligible Board Certification with the Association of Professional Chaplains
• Ordination, Commissioning or Licensure from a recognized faith group
• Eligible for Endorsement from recognized faith community
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Pastoral Care
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Celebration
Req ID: 22020746
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.