AdventHealth EKG Tech III FT Celebration in Celebration, Florida
EKG Tech III - AdventHealth Celebration
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Quality: Performs diagnostic electrocardiograms, positions and applies electrodes in proper location, identifies and corrects for wandering, interference, and artifact, appropriately applies Holter Monitors, and obtains all necessary information for proper interpretation.
- Effective and Efficient Care: Independently performs diagnostic ECG testing, manages unmatched list in a timely manner, responds appropriately and in a timely manner to all patient orders, manages time and equipment effectively, and maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPPA.
- Assessment: Identifies patients using by using the 2 ADVENTHEALTH acceptable identifiers, name and date of birth, communicates abnormal findings to the nurse and or physician in a timely manner, and ensures that an order or a prescription is present for the EKG and or Holter Monitor.
- Documentation: Accurately documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department expectations. Enters all patient demographic information accurately, and downloads, edits and faxes Holter Monitor information in a timely manner. Assists as needed with various office responsibilities including physician billing, responding to phone inquiries and fax requests.
- Safety: Follows isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to ADVENTHEALTH policy. Cleans equipment according to ADVENTHEALTH policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Experience performing stress testing
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- All hires after June 2008:
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) from Cardiac Credentialing International, OR
- Must possess and maintain one of the following State of Florida licensures:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- High School diploma or General Education diploma
- Experience with Philips and/or Mortara ECG machines
- Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Records
- Experience performing ECGs in a hospital setting
- Allied health training program certificate of completion or student verification letter or educational transcripts
- Completion of educational program in ECG, Holter monitoring and stress testing
The EKG Tech III independently performs diagnostic quality ECGs, SAECG, and Holter monitor hook-ups. Recognizes and alerts appropriate personnel to lethal arrhythmias and unstable hemodynamics. Processes Holter data, assists with physician billing and staff scheduling. Manages ECGs in database. Under direct supervision of an RN and/or physician, performs exercise and pharmacologic cardiac stress testing. Takes charge of other staff and students as directed by department supervisor/ manager. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.