AdventHealth Lab Technologist-FT/Night ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus/Immediate Benefits) in Celebration, Florida
Medical Laboratory - AdventHealth Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork.
- Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities.
- Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to AdventHealth procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as AdventHealth policies.
- Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with AdventHealth procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed by State of Florida at Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in appropriate specialties
- (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, and/or Molecular Pathology) for the department or campus assignment
- Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory testing, procedures and processes performed in department or work area assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English with patients, staff, partners and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent term, OR
- Four years post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or Healthcare-related field
- One-year analytical, technical experience in Clinical Laboratory setting, OR
- Completion of a clinical internship in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent program
- Nationally certified as Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist, or equivalent term
- Licensed by State of Florida as Clinical Laboratory Technologist level in assigned department specialties, or all 6 areas (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, Microbiology, Immunohematology/Blood Banking, Molecular Pathology).
The Medical Laboratory Technologists performs various laboratory testing procedures in assigned areas as licensed. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or other human biological specimens. Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are including in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.