AdventHealth Mammography Tech PRN in Celebration, Florida
Mammography Technologist - PRN - AdventHealth LOCATION
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration *
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Produces quality radiographs per the procedure manual. Documents history utilizes appropriate exposure, positioning, patient ID and markers. Reviews all images for evidence and accuracy of RT/LT marker placement and proper orientation.
- Completes work in appropriate timeframe and ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment before releasing images to PACS for interpretation.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual Quality Assurance on all Mammography units and processors.
- Operates and maintains Imaging equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Utilizes knowledge of personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and/or biohazard.
- Performs mammography and DXA exams and operates all Imaging equipment in assigned area. Utilizes the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of adult and geriatric ages. The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training, in-service, continuing education and/or experience.
What You Will Need:
- Current valid State of Florida license as a General Radiographer
- ARRT ( R )
- ARRT ( M )
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Florida driver’s license, class E and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy (cc 3100 only)
- Minimum of one year in Mammography (Preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience performing stereotactic core biopsies (Preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience performing breast needle localizations (Preferred)
Under Supervision performs the duties directly involved with mammography applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. In addition to mammography, may also perform DXA scans at locations where the service is offered. For cost center 4337 the technologist may also perform Diagnostic Radiological exams (fluoroscopy excluded). Regulates the equipment used to expose the imaging receptor; processes and organizes images. Operates equipment safely and maintains ALARA standards when using ionizing radiation to produce radiographic images.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.