AdventHealth MRI Technologist - Celebration - PRN in Celebration, Florida
MRI Technologist - PRN - AdventHealth Celebration
* MRI Technologist - PRN - AdventHealth Celebration *
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration *
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
- AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
* Work Hours/Shift: *
* You Will Be Responsible For: *
- Performs all MRI exams using AdventHealth MRI protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam.
- Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
- Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
- Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room.
- Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result.
- Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS.
What You Will Need:
- ARRT – MR or CT or R
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field (Preferred)
- Prior MRI experience on GE magnets (Preferred)
- Prior CT experience (Preferred)
- Current State of Florida license as a General Radiographer (Preferred)
- ARRT – MR (Preferred)
The MRI technologist is under the general supervision of the lead technologist, supervisor, manager, director of special imaging, and radiologist. Their primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of AdventHealth parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.