MRI Technologist - AdventHealth Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
- FT - Sat/Sun and one weekday: 7a-7p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs all MRI exams using AdventHealth MRI protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam.
Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room.
Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result.
Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic IV skills
· Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment
· Ability to work flexibly in variable shifts, occasionally including weekends or holidays
· Ability to understand medical terminology
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field or certified as an American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Must be certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(MR).
· Must hold state license where applicable
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Celebration
Req ID: 21026459
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.