AdventHealth Nurse Educator Surgical ICU FT Days in Celebration, Florida
Nurse Educator AdventHealth Celebration
Location Address: 400 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
Our Critical Care specialty includes intensive care unit and step down unit, both of which are notable for their team-oriented culture and commitment to patient safety. Nurses on these units are empowered to make patient care decisions, engage in the Nurse Practice Council and self-schedule for optimal coverage. This is a 30 beds multisystem ICU and 10 step down beds featuring hard-wired center and side local nursing stations, all private rooms and two VIP suite. Seven intensivists provide coverage to the unit to help and support our patients. We have 24-hour critical care coverage. The nurse to patient ratio is 2:1 for ICU and 4:1 for step down.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with AdventHealth Celebration and apply online today.
• Full Time Day Shift 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
- Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units’/departments’, campuses’ and system’s initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
- Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Master of Science degree
- Prior experience as a nurse educator
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
- Certification in clinical or educator specialty
- Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.