AdventHealth Registered Nurse C4W Surgical Oncology PCU FT Days 7a-7p $10,000 Sign on Bonus in Celebration, Florida
Location Address: 400 Celebration Pl, Celebration, FL 34747
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
- The C4W Surgical Oncology PCU at AdventHealth Celebration Health is a 40 bed PCU unit serving patients with various diagnoses.
- Oncology/Hematology diagnoses are the primary group of patients we serve. In addition, it specializes in surgical oncology which includes patients requiring surgical interventions related to head and neck cancers, gynecological cancers, and breast cancers.
- Our team strives to provide the optimal patient experience and healthy work environment for the staff. The fast paced environment offers opportunities to provide compassionate care, grow clinical skills using evidence based practice, and participate in research and decision making through our Nurse Practice Council.
- FT Days – 7a-7p, Weekend Rotation Required
*$10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- For Radiology/Imaging, PALS required only for cost centers 4220,7211,6236
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred:
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.