Registered Nurse Cardiothoracic Specialty Coordinator AdventHealth Celebration
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
· AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
· The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiothoracic RN Coordinator in addition to the responsibilities of a staff nurse is responsible for providing highly specialized continuity of nursing care to the Cardiothoracic surgical/procedural patients of all groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Assesses plans, implements and evaluates both standard and complex individual patient care. Functions in the role of team facilitator/specialty coordinator. Supervises other health care team members in the unit environment. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel. Responsible for documentation of care and maintaining accurate records. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients. Responsible for cost containment. Assists with Performance Improvement. Adheres and assures that staff adhere to the Advent Health Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Assesses, interprets, and reports diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
· Serves in a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating patient care activities among the interdisciplinary patient care team. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting.
· Acts as a liaison between physicians, sales consultants, internal customers and management team with pertinent and ongoing communication.
· Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Utilizes literature, research and evidence based practice to improve patient care and nursing practice. Is knowledgeable of unit results and action plans and shares unit PI data with staff.
· Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. As applicable, ensures supplies and equipment are available as needed for patient care.
· Provides input for personnel performance evaluations. Recognizes staff needs for additional skills and recommends pertinent education. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
· Promotes a safe environment: Supervises and initiates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies environmental concerns by participating in routine unit rounds, communicating necessary precautions for the safe environment. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and Florida Hospital policy procedure.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Graduate of a school of nursing
· One year experience in cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, or cardiac ICU setting OR cardiovascular operating room experience
· Department specific advanced competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements- see attached life support requirements per unit
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
· Professional certification (CCRN, CNOR, CSC, CMC, CCTN)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23019231
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 400 CELEBRATION PLACE
Pay Range: $34.65 - $49.5
Location: Celebration, FL
Job ID: 23019231
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day