AdventHealth Registered Nurse Case Manager FT Days in Celebration, Florida
Case Manager RN AdventHealth Celebration
Location Address: 400 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
- The Imaging department at AdventHealth Celebration Health is integrally involved across the spectrum of patient care, assisting medical staff in the diagnosis and treatment of patients ranging from routine imaging studies to advanced interventional procedures. Annually, Imaging at Celebration Health performs 132,000 procedures across emergency, inpatient, surgical, and outpatient settings. The department operates within the hospital and services the greater Osceola community. The Imaging team includes more than 100 skilled and engaged staff including Radiologists, Technologists, Nurses, and support staff, working to ensure the patients receive appropriate, quality procedures and results at the right time.
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates the integration of social services/case management functions into the patient care, discharge planning processes in collaboration with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities.
- Performs initial case management assessment to determine care coordination and discharge planning needs. Conducts admission and concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements as well as internal policy. Uses established medically necessity criteria as described by policy to conduct screening for appropriate-ness of admission (IP verses observation) and continued stay for intensity of service/severity of illness. Escalates cases as appropriate and per policy to Physician Advisor and Director. Collaborates with Bed Management to ensure appropriate bed placement based on level of care. Assimilates information obtained from information systems, service schedules, registration area, Bed Management, clinics, other facilities, and insurance companies to accurately assess patient clinical needs and treatment.
- Acts as patient advocate by negotiating for, and coordinating resources with payers, agencies and vendors during inpatient and transition phases.
- Identifies and communicates quality and risk issues to the appropriate staff/departments in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource and provides staff and physician education related to resource utilization, discharge planning and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of two years’ recent acute care experience
- Minimum of an additional two years’ experience in healthcare related fields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of two years of utilization review/case management experience and a minimum of one year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting highly desirable.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
- Case Management certification highly desirable – ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)
Under general supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Case Management, in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the RN Case Manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The RN case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role. Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent. The Case Manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually ensuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.