AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist FT Nights Palm Parkway ED in Celebration, Florida
Respiratory Therapist -AdventHealth Palm Parkway ED
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Palm Parkway Ed
- The AdventHealth Palm Parkway Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth Celebration Campus – located just minutes from Walt Disney World.
- The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents and visitors of Orange and Osceola Counties open 24-7.
- The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
- We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
- Full Time 3 12's Nights
- Critical thinking and patient assessment skills, with the ability to evaluate and modify plan of care
- Ability to use applicable infection control standards
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including documentation in the patient care record Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and use of computer applications
- Airway management skills, including maintenance of a patient airway and care of artificial airways
- Ability to provide optimal respiratory support including: administration of oxygen, inhaled medications, lung expansion, and bronchial hygiene
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- Current, valid state of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Exception: For Cost Center 7610: Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- For Cost Centers 7630, 7637, 1520, 0520, and 9390: Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- For Cost Center 0520, 1520, 4270, 5040, 7637, 9390: Current PALS and NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 4270, 5040, 7610: Current ACLS certification (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary science (Preferred)
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. Adheres to AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.