AdventHealth Sonographer FT Days Cardiology Celebration in Celebration, Florida
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Monday-Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm
- Follows through with patient care before the procedure as it relates to:
- assisting patients with exam preparations
- adequately explaining exam to patient
- obtaining pertinent history from patient prior to exam
- assisting patients during times of anxiety
- Performs procedure including positioning patient properly in order to visualize
- Selects proper transducers for delineation of anatomy/pathology
- Properly adjusts technical factors (gain scope power) to maximize image quality.
- Certification/Registration through American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonogoraphers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) is required
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one or more years of experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instrumentation, basic physics, patient care, and medical ethics.
- Must be willing to float to other AdventHealth practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
Responsible for using diagnostic medical equipment to diagnose various medical conditions. Sonography is the use of sound waves to generate an image for assessment and diagnosis. May specialize in obstertric/gynecologic, abdominal, vascular, neurosongraphy, echocardiography or other clinical specialty. Performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical sonographic diagnoses. Has latitude for independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative. Assists physicians as requested and selects practical application and technical factor
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.