All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Sunday – Friday, typically 7am-5pm, occasionally as early as 5am and as late as 8pm.
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital
• AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
• The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgical Lab Tech actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Directly responsible for the procurement, preparation and disposition (to include transport and cremation) of all cadaveric specimens used in educational and research programs at the skills labs across multiple campuses. Responsible for maintaining detailed and secure records for all cadaveric specimens. Assists with setting up the surgical skills lab events and supports the professional education leader, program instructor and skills lab team. Assists with after hours programming and research efforts as needed. Actively participates in various courses and events both on and off-site as well as supports clinical and technology initiatives. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Responsible for the procurement, preparation and disposition (to include transport and cremation) of all anatomical specimens for use in educational and research programs. Periodic tissue procurement trips may require extended travel.
· Accountable for highly detailed and secured identification, recordkeeping and tracking of all anatomical specimens used by utilizing permanent specimen identification methods with unique tracking numbers. Maintain specimen records in a secure environment with secondary computerized database and weekly back up as well as establish and maintain a tissue quality assurance and standardized inventory management program.
· Supports in managing animate tissue in accordance with Nicholson Center IACUC guidelines and all USDA regulations.
· Provides Florida State Anatomical Board with data upon request and/or as needed. Assists Skills Lab Manager to assure that all state and federal anatomical lab requirements are met and maintain current operational certifications (i.e: OSHA, state, federal and/or any other national organizations governing tissue).
· Assures use of PPE by employees and lab participants while working with anatomical specimens; follows the OSHA/Florida Hospital Infection Control policies and procedures for handling biohazardous/non-biohazardous materials, sharps and waste segregation. Assists with set-up as well as cleaning and breakdown of all equipment after each educational program.
· Participates and supports educational programs and research involving the skills labs, education and conference facilities, and various operating rooms. Works with surgical skills lab team and program facilitators to document procedures and develop operational policies and procedures as well as physicians preference documentation for each program.
· Assists Clinical and Skills Lab Manager and Technology Program Manager to secure equipment and supplies needed for each course prior to events; manages and orders tissue in a timely manner; tracks and validates all shipments; initiates skills lab cleaning and repairs as needed.
· Assists Clinical and Skills Lab Manager and Technology Program Manager with AV support and media production in associated venues; supports teleconferencing, filming, equipment set up and lighting.
· Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, visitors, medical staff and team members as well as human anatomical specimens by displaying a courteous and positive manner and promoting positive interdepartmental relationships. Maintains confidentiality regarding human anatomical tissue and skills labs programming. Promotes and contributes positively to departmental teamwork and participates in performance improvement initiatives. Flexible and willing to make changes.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ethically skilled handling animal or human anatomical specimens
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional
· Clinical and medical technology equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Veterinarian Techs
· Ability to work in high stress environment
· Organizational skills with attention to detail, self-motivation, and excellent problem-solving abilities
· Endowment and attitude to work well with a multidisciplinary professional team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Prior work experience in surgical skills labs and/or the operating room (minimum 3 years)
Multi-specialty surgical operating room experience
Minimum 3-5 years of veterinary care experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Surgical First Assist
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23041253
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $19.278 - $27.54
Location: Celebration, FL
Job ID: 23041253
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day