All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights
Location: AdventHealth – Chatsworth GA
The role you’ll contribute:
The Pathology Laboratory Assistant I performs various laboratory support procedures in assigned anatomical pathology areas. The Laboratory Assistant I performs various laboratory support procedures in assigned areas which may include phlebotomy and/or specimen processing in clinical and anatomical pathology areas. The Laboratory Assistant I must meet the required basic continuing education and department specific requirements. Work customarily involves practical knowledge in various laboratory procedures and support functions. May be asked to perform any of the following non-technical functions. The position requires exercise of judgment under general supervision.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs duties in a timely manner, maintains supplies, and ensures cleanliness of the work area
• Prepares, assigns and delivers pathology slides from histology and cytology laboratories to pathologists
• May coordinate and schedule autopsy procedures
• May assists with clinical specimen collection and processing activities
• Receives, identifies, accessions, processes, batches and transports specimens in house and to offsite locations for pathology services
• Fulfills clerical duties, including answering phones, data entry, and document filing
• Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee's responsibility & accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication
• Maintaining, cleaning, and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment
• Performs materials management duties, such as maintaining supply inventories and transporting equipment/supplies
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School degree or equivalent
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification if required by facility.
· PBT(ASCP) or MLA (ASCP) or equivalent Preferred
· Technical skills and aptitudes related to the laboratory procedures or processes performed in department or work area assigned.
· Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English with patients, staff, and customers of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Murray
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23035529
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $16.31 - $20.4867
Location: Chatsworth, GA
Job ID: 23035529
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 3 - Night