AdventHealth Patient Access Coordinator Full Time Days in Chatsworth, Georgia
Patient Access Coordinator Full Time Days - AdventHealth Murray
Location Address: 707 Old Dalton Ellijay Rd, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Murray
Four-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
150 Great places to work in Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review
Co-Workers that feel like family
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Great Benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
WHAT YOU WILL BE ESPONSIBLE FOR:
Patient Access Coordinator Function
· The PAC is responsible for execution of the Admitting Process: Obtains demographic/insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
· Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information, patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
· Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
· Maintains a positive relationship with physicians and physician offices regarding procedures and tests.
· Create face sheets, labels and other miscellaneous paperwork to complete the registration process.
· Explain or make available patient rights, HIPPA, Advance Directives, and any other objectives necessary.Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorization are obtained to guarantee proper Reimbursement.
· Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
· Knowledge of Co-pays, Deductibles and patient responsibilities as the covered party.
· Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements. Ensures that documentation meets standards and policies (I.E. Government, Hospital and Departmental).
· Will Work with forms like Consents and Advance Directives, HIPAA, and Medicare Questionnaire.
· Responsible for the ER Log book and Maintaining knowledge of collections functions.
· Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due the hospital at time of service.
· Writes receipts legible and appropriate to the account.
· Reconciles cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
· Reconciles Credit card payments at the beginning and end of each shift.
· Covers Switchboard when necessary.
· Knowledge of switchboard/hospital protocol for call dispatching.
· Knowledge of hospital codes and how to respond.
· Knowledge of on call personnel.
· The Patient Access Coordinator performs all duties in accordance with applicable state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
· The Patient Access Coordinator is responsible for completion of all mandatory education required by the hospital and the department.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Customer Service skills.
· Operating a computer.
· Microsoft Office applications.
· Answering, directing, and making phone calls.
· Previous experience preferred in customer service and/or clerical setting.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
The Admitting Department personnel are responsible for admission or registration of all patients obtaining service at Gordon Hospital. Personnel provide patients with information regarding living wills, advance directives, conditions of admission, patient rights, and financial responsibilities, while obtaining all necessary demographic, insurance, and other information or signatures necessary to complete the admitting/registration process. All activities are completed in compliance with the applicable state, federal, or regulatory guidelines.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.