AdventHealth Scrub Tech II FT Days - Murray in Chatsworth, Georgia
Scrub Tech II Certified – AdventHealth Murray
Location Address Murray Medical Center: 707 Old Dalton Ellijay Rd, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Murray
Medical and Dental Benefits Begin 1st day
Four-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
150 Great places to work in Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review
Co-Workers that feel like family
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Great Benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to the patient.
- Maintains the privacy of all patients.
- Ensures patient environment is neat and clean.
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential breakdown and communicates with the RN/LPN.
- Maintains a safe environment.
- Completes treatments and procedures as directed by the RN/LPN.
- Demonstrates competencies in all procedures within scope of practice and as Appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Professional Standards
- Communicates patient care or management problems to appropriate person.
- Communicates effectively, to appropriate individuals to meet the needs of patients, family, and the environment and reports to the RN/LPN.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the RN/LPN.
- Actively participates in: staff meetings, committees, mandatory in-services and educational programs/offerings relevant to area of practice.
- Demonstrates competency and recognizes own skills, abilities and limitations and is
accountable for own actions.
Seeks/solicits help or guidance from resource person when appropriate.
Functions in a professional manner during an emergency or crisis situations.
Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures, fire drills, evacuation procedures and
internal/external disaster plans.
Completes work on time
Utilizes time clock/T&A to document attendance appropriately.
Uses proper notification for use of unscheduled personal leave time.
Utilizes the principles of cost containment by conserving equipment, supplies and
personal time (including personal calls and personal visits)
- Maintains and monitors sterile field and demonstrates understanding of proper aseptic technique.
- Assists the surgeon during surgical procedures, anticipating need of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Picks supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- Assists in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Handles sterile instruments and supplies.
- Demonstrates ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
- Communicates concerns to the appropriate personnel.
What You Will Need:
- Must have graduated from an accredited surgical skills program or have one year experience working as a surgical technologist
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Scrub Tech Certification
The operating room technician assists with preparation of the supplies, room and equipment for surgical procedures. This position also provides the necessary instruments to the physician during the surgical procedure. This position is also responsible to keep abreast of new products, procedures and physician techniques.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.