AdventHealth Medical Assistant AdventHealth Centra Care West Orlando Float in Clermont, Florida
Medical Assistant AdventHealth Centra Care West Float
Locations: Floating to Centra Care Facilities in Mt. Dora, Clermont, Leesburg, Winter Garden, and Apopka
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
- Graduate of accredited medical assistant program
- Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
- National Healthcareer Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
- Current, valid CPR certification is required.
- Continued maintenance of BAT certification after hire
- 1 year MA experience
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Medical Assistant cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.