AdventHealth Activities Coordinator in Dade City, Florida
Activities Coordinator AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Provide an activities program on a daily basis including evenings and weekends.
- Obtain necessary equipment and supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized storage.
- Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to: Group social activities, Indoor and outdoor activities, which may include daily walks, Activities away from the facility, Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship, Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program.
- Supervised by: Administrator/DON
- Supervises: Activity Assistants or Volunteers
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years’ experience in an activities capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other and satisfactory completion of a training course for activity directors approved by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- This person may also be either a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional certified by a recognized accrediting body certification or licensure as appropriate for each person noted above.
This person provides for an ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the Comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.