AdventHealth Advanced Imaging Tech Xray/CT PRN Dade City in Dade City, Florida
Location Address: 13100 Fort King Rd Dade City, FL 33525
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Maintains equipment by daily Q.A
- Sets up and adjusts equipment per protocol, radiologist and/or procedure performance
- Accepts patients and assess’ their condition to determine proper handling and special requirements. Explains and prepares the patient for the exam requested.
- Assists in the administration and administers various chemical substances in order to render specific organs or systems more opaque.
- Reviews patient charts and requests with the radiologist to ensure the proper examination and diagnostic results are obtained.
- Quality controls all images, maintains inventory, and adheres to safety regulations. Participates in training of department personnel, including students
- Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology to obtain the maximum diagnostic image corresponding to body parts.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and interdepartmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives
- Reports any malfunctions and calls the service personnel as needed
- Receives and reviews requests for CT/Diagnostic Imaging scan studies.
- Performs some clerical work.
- Formal training in radiology technology of AMA approved program.
- Minimum of one year Radiologic experience.
- Current FL Certified Radiologic Technologist license upon hire
- Registration by the ARRT (R)(CT) upon hire
- BLS required upon hire
- 2 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then1 hour annually
- 1 hour of Hip & Knee Surgery Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.