AdventHealth AdventHealth Emergency Tech Full Time Nights - Dade City, FL in Dade City, Florida
Emergency Technician AdventHealth Dade City
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- Only hospital in East and Central Pasco to earn Accreditation in Atrial Fibrillation in 2018 by the American College of Cardiology
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019 by Healthgrades
- Earned Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus TS Quality Achievement Award 2018 by American Heart/Stroke Association
- Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Able to ventilate a patient with an ambu-bag and suction patients as needed which must be under the direct supervision of an RN or provider
- Performs electrocardiogram within the designated timeframe
- Assists patients to unclothe themselves and place patients on the monitor as indicated
- Responds to stroke alerts in the ED and safely transports patients as outlined in the policy
- Provides and documents treatments and procedures as indicated and within the defined scope of practice
- Provides supportive care and comfort by answering patient call lights, anticipating patient needs, and reporting observations to the RN.
What You Will Need:
- Completion of High School/GED
- Completion of approved C.N.A., EMT or Certified Medical Assistant
- Current Florida State Nursing Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is accountable for performing routine care under the direction of the RN. S/he provides for the comfort of the patient and communicates according to protocol. Is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.