AdventHealth Laboratory Assistant PRN (Mostly Weekend Coverage) Dade City in Dade City, Florida
Laboratory Assistant PRN AdventHealth Dade City
Location Address: 13100 Fort King Rd Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills/Dade City
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
PRN (Mostly Weekend Coverage) and during the week if available
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsibilities, include but are not limited, to collect blood specimens, urine specimens, processing specimens correctly, collect blood cultures with minimum contamination.
- Filling paperwork, login specimens, registering out-patients, be able to cover different areas where phlebotomy is perform in the hospital.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- BLS from America Heart Association or any other agency approved by the Education Department at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Laboratory Assistant is responsible to perform venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements, assists in Clinical Laboratory as needed. Responsibilities, include but are not limited, to collect blood specimens, urine specimens, processing specimens correctly, collect blood cultures with minimum contamination, filling paperwork, login specimens, registering out-patients, be able to cover different areas where phlebotomy is perform in the hospital.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.